Who We Are
The Center for Korean Legal Studies at Columbia Law School has been at the forefront of legal and policy research for issues regarding the Korean Peninsula in the United States for 25 years. We offer:
- A space devoted entirely to the study of both the South and North Korean legal systems at an academic institution in the United States.
- Courses focused on the complexities of Korean and international law, such as "Geopolitics of Law and Conflict on the Korean Peninsula" and "Korean Legal System in the Global Economy."
- Events engaging leading government practitioners and legal scholars on contemporary issues related to the Peninsula, and the region at large.
- Visiting scholars opportunities for practitioners, and those in academia, to pursue legal research related to Korea at one of the world's top law schools for international and comparative law.
- Resource databases to support those interested in the historic and contemporary issues related to the Korean Peninsula.
Please contact us for any questions or inquiries. We look forward to hearing from you!